IT Asset Management is a set of business practices that incorporates IT assets across the business units within the organization. It joins the financial, inventory, contractual and risk management responsibilities to manage the overall life cycle of these assets including tactical and strategic decision making.
IT Asset Management is an investment that provides substantial and measurable benefits for short, medium, and long-term needs and goals. Trained IT Asset Management professionals have the ability to introduce best practices that deliver real value to the organization, whether facing a software audit or preparing for a merger. Organizations that implement a managed, repeatable and measurable approach to ITAM will ultimately reap the greatest rewards in the shortest time frame.
Key Process Areas as Defined by IAITAM
There are twelve Key Process Areas (“KPAs”) identified within the IAITAM Best Practice Library (IBPL), the ITAM Practitioner’s Guide to an IT Asset Management Program. When combined, these KPAs empower an organization and maximize the value of its IT assets.
- Vol 2. Program Management
- Vol 3. Policy Management
- Vol 4. Communication & Education
- Vol 5. Project Management
- Vol 6. Document Management
- Vol 7. Financial Management
- Vol 8. Compliance Management
- Vol 8. Legislation Management
- Vol 9. Vendor Management
- Vol 10. Acquisition Management
- Vol 11. Asset Identification
- Vol 12. Disposal Management