CMAM: Certified Mobile Asset Manager
The IAITAM Certified Mobile Asset Management (“CMAM”) course prepares the individual and their organizations responsible for the management of mobile devices. Mobile devices can have a major impact on an organization, proliferation of such devices within the enterprise, whether corporate-owned or BYOD-based , it has created a complexity to ITAM never before seen in IT environments. The course will prepare individuals with the knowledge to manage personnel, policies, and processes, the key elements in organizational IT management. This course encompasses both organizational owned assets as well as BYOD (employee owned). As all IAITAM courseware, this has the IAITAM Best Practice Library as its foundation and encompasses financial viability, risk mitigation, policy enforcement, and lifecycle management of mobile assets.
REDUCE RISK WITH MOBILE ASSET MANAGEMENT
Mobile Asset Management is extremely important to organizations today. In the past, all assets were primarily introduced into the organization through the IT group and outside influences for technology upgrades and enhancements came through the business units as a recommendation only. Historically speaking, the direction of IT was controlled by the IT experts within the enterprise, but with the consumerization trend, devices are smaller, fully functional and easy to operate and flooding the corporate environment.
WHERE TO START: LET CMAM GUIDE YOU
The CMAM course consists of the following components:
CMAM Course Manual
CMAM Course Presentation Slide Book
CMAM Instructor Daily Presentation and interaction with attendees – administered in-person or online
Optional CMAM Comprehensive Online Examination necessary for achieving CMAM Certification
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This class is taught as a 2 day in person course or online with an interactive instructor in four 3 hour sessions. Although no experience is required for this course, the materials encompass the concepts that address the needs of the mobile IT Asset Manager.
Relevant topics presented in this course for both direct application and as a means of discussion for those persons who will implement, manage and direct mobile asset initiatives for their organizations include:
Mobile Asset Best Practices
Introduction and Program Management
Goals & Outcomes
Requirements & Standards- building the base & Knowledge
Legislation (Global Considerations)
Mobile Asset Policies
Documentation Management standards
Mobile Asset Acquisitions – Corporate Owned vs BYOD
Mobile Asset Licensing and Contract Management
Advantage and disadvantages to BYOD
End-of-Lifecycle Disposition and Security
Compliance and Mobile Asset Management
Tracking Mobile Assets
Questions and Review Before Test
- Online certification testing is available for students starting the last day of class; from this point the exam will be open for 28 days however it is suggested to take the exam as soon as possible following the course.
- Testing requires non-interrupted internet connection and may be taken at any time during the open period; once a test is started, students are required to complete it during that session and are permitted up to 5 hours to complete.
- One hundred (100) questions are on the IAITAM CMAM exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher.
- One test retake is free of charge for those that fail to achieve pass status on the first attempt; retakes are available after a 48 hour window of the first attempt and must be completed during the 28 day open period.
- If a student is unable to complete the exam and retake (if needed) within their 28 day window, a one-time thirty (30) day extension can be purchased for $50USD; this option must be completed before the initial 28 day window expires.
- If the exam is not purchased with the course, the student may purchase the exam within 90 days of course completion.
- Exam results are available immediately after completing the exam within the IAITAM Exam Center.