IT Asset Management and COBIT® 5: strategic ingredients for effective governance of enterprise IT
Enterprises invest heavily in procuring and managing the lifecycle of IT assets and expend countless resources securing them. Assets, whether hardware or software, must be accounted for, optimized and secured to realize the value provided by these assets.
IT asset management as a strategic ingredient to the governance of enterprise IT is crucial. Leveraging industry proven frameworks for this governance is a best practice, and the COBIT 5 framework is a perfect fit.
In this webinar we will explore how the COBIT 5 framework provides the essential practices and activities that not only help in controlling IT assets, but link these to other leading industry frameworks in the asset management space that results in a holistic approach to asset management and IT governance.
- Understand the components that enable the governance of enterprise IT.
- Recognize the key COBIT5 processes, practices and activities that support IT asset management.
- Connect COBIT5 to the most relevant industry IT asset management models to enable a more robust governance capability.
- Learn the top ten tips to adopting and managing IT assets that creates value for your enterprise.
High Level Outline:
- Primer in Asset Management. What is IT asset management and why does it exist?
- Asset Management in the scope of GEIT. How asset management is a key component of any governance ecosystem.
- Frameworks standards in the market. Short summary of other models used in the market to assist in IT asset management.
- COBIT to the rescue. How COBIT addresses IT asset management with a spotlight on the practices and activities and how to use them.
- Benefits of leveraging COBIT and ITAM. A short description of its components, and how COBIT users can use it for more in depth and detailed use.
- Tips to adoption. Top ten tips for adopting solid asset management practices
About the host: Mark Thomas, Escoute Consulting is an internationally known governance, risk, and compliance expert in the areas of Cybersecurity, IT Service Management, Assurance and Audit, and IT Controls, His background spans leadership roles from CIO to Management and IT Consulting in several Federal and State Agencies, Private Firms, and Fortune 500 Companies.