Certified Asset Management Professional
The IAITAM Certified Asset Management Professional (CAMP) Certification provides a comprehensive introduction to the best practices and processes of IT Asset Management (ITAM).
The IAITAM CAMP Course delivers essential components of an ITAM program and recommends best practices for successful program implementation and gaining executive support. Within this overview, the Key Process Areas are identified, highlighting the program’s benefits and methods for internal promotion. Additionally, the roles and responsibilities of individuals affected by or interfacing with the ITAM team are outlined. By grasping the program and its advantages, students can apply this knowledge to other domains, gaining a fundamental understanding of the interconnectedness among various business disciplines.
During this course, students will delve into internationally recognized best practices for IT Asset Management, which originated from IAITAM’s Best Practice Library. The course underscores the significance of ITAM and how the program establishes a cornerstone of savings, control, and measurable value for the organization.
IT Asset Management encompasses a defined set of business practices supporting the utilization of IT assets within an organization. It frequently introduces novel aspects concerning how and why IT traverses the organization. Many organizations now consider ITAM mandatory, valuing Asset Managers as vital contributors to overarching organizational objectives like risk reduction, heightened accountability, cost savings discovery, and achieving and maintaining IT control. For true success, Asset Managers need to grasp the effective business practices underpinning Asset Management and adapt them to precisely suit their organization’s unique requirements.
The IAITAM Certified Asset Management Professional (CAMP) exam signifies the culmination of a rapidly evolving field of Asset Management. Understanding the significance of ITAM for the organization is crucial for all those interacting with the ITAM team, regardless of their role or external affiliations. Technological transformations are pervasive, and their sources extend beyond the traditional IT department. ITAM professionals need to grasp their role, proficiently communicate its significance to the organization, maintain control, and add value without stifling innovation.
In this course, students will comprehend the paramount importance of Asset Management in today’s dynamic ITAM landscape. The presence of certified individuals within an organization, trained specifically in Asset Management, has never been as crucial as it is now. This focused training is instrumental in achieving the enduring value and advantages derived from such knowledge. The journey begins with the ITAM Foundations course and the CAMP certification, designed to significantly augment any ITAM initiative.
The IAITAM CAMP Course of instruction serves as a guiding light for individuals in the profession, imparting a profound understanding of the ITAM program’s significance, which reverberates through every facet of present and future organizational pursuits.
Through this interactive instruction, ITAM professionals and related roles can assess the existing organizational structure to effectively elevate any Asset Management program to meet global standards.
Similar to all IAITAM courses, the IAITAM CAMP Course is dedicated to educating ITAM professionals in effective asset management, automation, and centralization. When amalgamated, this comprehension translates to a higher return on investment (ROI), mitigation of compliance risks, and an overall increase in productivity.
Topics Covered Include:
- The 12 IAITAM KPAs for ITAM
- ITAM Business Practices Find Savings
- Core Functional Areas
- Software Asset Management
- Hardware Asset Management
- ITAM Program Core Functional Components
- ITAM Roles and Responsibilities
- Program Management
- Acquisition Management
- Asset Identification Management
- Communication & Education Management
- Compliance Management
- Disposal Management
- Documentation Management
- Financial Management
- Legislation Management
- Policy Management
- Project Management
- Vendor Management
This course is structured for 8 hours of live instruction, including two 15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch break. The live instruction is complemented by a suggested 10-12 hours of self-study using the course manual. Once prepared and prior to the deadline, students need to complete and pass a three (3) hour certification exam.
- With the purchase of the course, a student-unique zoom link is provided to join the training at the time of course.
- If eligible, with the purchase of the course, CAMP self-paced is activated.
- Two business days prior to the course students will receive access to their course materials.
- During training, there is a random attendance roll call that is provided to validate attendance. Simply opening the webinar will not mark a student as “attended”.
- The following day after training, if student successfully completed roll call, exam acccess is opened for a total of 14 days.
The IAITAM CAMP Certification Course caters to individuals with limited experience in the realm of IT Asset Management. This course serves as a vital learning resource for beginners embarking on their educational path as Asset Managers and for individuals engaged in supporting asset management, resource budgeting, finance, software licensing, contract management, strategic planning, and IT service delivery. No prerequisites are required for this course. Upon course completion, those interested in becoming certified can opt to take the CAMP certification exam.
- Online certification testing is available for students starting at 8 AM the day after class finishes; from this point the exam will be open for 14 calendar days.
- Once a test is started, the 3 hour alloted time window cannot be paused.
- One hundred (100) randomized questions are on the IAITAM CAMP exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher.
- Students are provided two attempts with the purchase of the course, unless otherwise prohibitted. Both attempts are only available within the 14 calendar days window.
- If the first two attempts are not passed, an additional attempt package (includes 2 attempts for 14 calendar days) can be purchased for $350 (membership pricing not applicable).
- If a student is unable to complete both attempts within the original 14 day window, a 7 day extension for these attempts is available for purchase for $50. This option must be purchased before the initial 14-day window expires.
- Recertification exam is required annually in order to maintain the certification.
1234 Divi St. #1000 San Francisco, CA 33945