Upon purchasing any IAITAM certification, you gain access to the CAMP self-paced training. You have access for a year so that you can build a foundation of IT Asset Management best practices and earn your CAMP designation at your own pace.
The Certified Asset Management Professional (CAMP) Course is designed to impart an extensive overview of IT Asset Management (ITAM) best practices and processes as well as ways to embrace multiple organizational frameworks such as ITAM & IT Service Management (ITSM).
BRIDGING THE GAP
The use of technology in business has grown extensively over the past three decades and continues to grow exponentially on a daily basis. With that growth comes the need for ITAM as well as the understanding of what ITAM is, the benefits it brings to an organization and how it crosses all functional business areas.
This course was built to provide information on each of the IAITAM Best Practice Library’s 12 Key Process Areas (KPAs), the roles and responsibilities that affect an ITAM program, core functional areas, KPA indicators, strategic positioning, and how ITAM can be brought into other frameworks such as ITSM so that they work together in the most efficient way for an organization thus producing a greater ROI for its IT portfolio.
The CAMP self-paced training has instructor-taught segments. Each segment is comprised of a portion of the book, presentation and discussion questions. All activities must be completed before you can move on to the next segment (there are 8 segments total). Once you have completed all 8 segments, you will gain access to the full course manual, presentation slide book and the certification exam. You will have 365 days to complete all aspects of the course, including the exam.
WHERE TO START: LET CAMP GUIDE YOU
All information contained within this and all of IAITAM’s courses has been created and designed as a “how to” guideline for building an efficient and effective ITAM program for your organization.
- 8 CAMP self-paced instructor-taught class segments
- CAMP course manual (upon completion of all class segments)
- CAMP course presentation slide book (upon completion of all class segments)
- Comprehensive online examination necessary for achieving CAMP Certification
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is an entry level course, with the anticipation that all who attend have some basic knowledge of the IT Asset Management industry. Participants will be able to certify and receive the CAMP Certification.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
ITAM Business Practices Find Savings
Core Functional Areas
Software Asset Management
Hardware Asset Management
ITAM Program Core Functional Components
ITAM Roles and Responsibilities
Asset Identification Management
Communication & Education Management
- Online certification testing is available upon completing all 8 class segments; from this point the exam will be open for 14 days. However, it is suggested to take the exam as soon as possible following the course.
- The exam must be completed within your 365 days of course access. If you do not have 14 days after completing the 8 course segments, you will need to contact your account representative if you need more time.
- Testing requires non-interrupted internet connection and may be taken at any time during the open period; once a test is started, students are required to complete it during that session and are permitted up to 3 hours to complete.
- One hundred (100) questions are on the IAITAM CAMP exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher.
- Exam results are available immediately after completing the exam within the IAITAM Exam Center.
- One test retake is free of charge for those that fail to achieve pass status on the first attempt; retakes are available after a 24 hour window of the first attempt and must be completed during the 14 day open period. If the second attempt is unsuccessful, the exam may be repurchased at non-member pricing. No discounts apply.
- If a student is unable to complete the exam and retake (if needed) within their 14 day window, a one-time seven (7) day extension can be purchased for $50USD; this option must be completed before the initial 14 day window expires.
- If certification is not achieved or exam time frame lapses then students will have one year to purchase the exam again. After one year has expired, the course must be purchased and may be acquired at membership pricing.