Discuss how much you know and understand about your organization’s finances.

Prog Home v3 Forums CAMP SPT Discuss how much you know and understand about your organization’s finances.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Noel Berrios
    Participant

I am not involved in my organization’s finance group.

Noel Berrios
    Participant

unfortunately I am not directly involved in my organizations financial decisions.

Adriana Azpilcueta
    Participant

As a high level

Sarah Holford
    Participant

I seem to be in the minority according to other discussion posts. My title is actually “Information Technology Business Supervisor” and under my purview includes but is not limited to; building the annual IT Budget, assisting other departments in building their budgets, providing depreciation and GASB reports to our Finance department, maintaining our current years’ budget, overseeing all purchases made within our department and overseeing all IT related purchases across our entire organization, and certainly not least of all, overseeing our ITAM team.

Adam Garcia
    Participant

We have different functional areas that handle the organizations finances such as our Financial Management Office. However, we have to have communication and understanding of finances as it relates to various other areas such as IT Asset Management ect..

Adam Garcia
    Participant

Our Financial Management (FM) office handles most of our budget execution plans and our finances for the organization.

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is a test – JKS

John Olotu
    Participant

We operate a flexible budget. My team does not really handle or know much about the organization’s finances

John Olotu
    Participant

Am not involved in my organization’s finances

John Olotu
    Participant

My team does not get involve with financial matters

April Moshos
    Participant

As a contractor involved in software procurement, I have a very clear view into one area of the organizations finances. I have realized that tracking spending on licenses and producing monthly reports to the organization has helped with budget projections and determining how many projects the organization can take on.

Antony Thomas
    Participant

The financial part is taken care by Procurement team

April Moshos
    Participant

I work on a sole-source software contract so I only see one aspect of the DOD entity that I support. I do have very detailed knowledge of the software spend for my customer.

Vasanth Prasath
    Participant

I am not involved in my organization’s finances.

Pedro Lua
    Participant

In my experience, financial planning helps managers understand a company’s current status, set objectives, and adapt to unexpected events. Budgeting helps the company identify the actions needed to achieve those objectives, control expenses, and maximize profit margins. Finally, understanding forecasting is crucial as it helps the company navigate obstacles toward achieving its goals and estimate future income more effectively.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.