What software savings do you expect to uncover with your ITAM program?

Prog Home v3 Forums CAMP SPT What software savings do you expect to uncover with your ITAM program?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Marco Garcia
    Participant

2-5 %

Michelle Dapprich
    Participant

FInd licenses that are not being used or software that is redundant

Katherine Davis
    Participant

I don’t know how much we are looking to save – SAM has been the victim of benign neglect for the best part of a decade. I have had to create the SAM program from scratch myself, and so far I am still discovering more software that is in our environment which I was not aware of.

Joshua Comeau
    Participant

I am not involved in that aspect.

Garth Honey
    Participant

Savings through SAM operations activities (request management, renewal management, offboarding/LDOD reclamation, non-usage reclamation, etc) varies from 5-20% per annum. Financial benefits from SAM involvement in internal audits/audit readiness, change management, project management and other compliance and optimisation activities can have a far greater impact on cost avoidance.

Heather Waider
    Participant

My initial answer would be 0% savings, as I believe we use all software currently being maintained. I realize that software licensing & usage is constantly changing; therefore, regular audits are mandatory to keep up with current trends. Freeing up licenses or reevaluating a license model are all savings to be celebrated.

Adele Asencio
    Participant

N/A

Svetlana Terentyeva
    Participant

Deduplication or processes

Bridgette Stuart
    Participant

Savings from unused software licenses.

Adam Feuerstein
    Participant

No set number, but we expect to have better visibility into the number of licenses we are actually using vs the number we are paying for. We also expect a simplification of the software asset portfolio to improve our support and reduce overhead.

Eliza Budhathoki
    Participant

I am not involved in software savings but I can analyze the significant savings through several avenues: License optimization/ Vendor contract negotiation/retirement, and all

Elizabeth Neal
    Participant

20%. Monthly reviews are carried out to identify potential savings (e.g. under-used or not-accessed licenses, leavers with licenses assigned for revoking etc)

Kira Bunker
    Participant

10-15% annually. it is hard to quantify based on predictions

Sameer Ullal
    Participant

Software consolidation and Adequate utilization should contribute to a considerable cost savings.
    % cannot be derived at present.

Tyler Stoeger
    Participant

15-25%

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.