Describe a time when there was a miscommunication and explain how you handled it.

Prog Home v3 Forums CAMP SPT Describe a time when there was a miscommunication and explain how you handled it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Chris Mcdonald
    Keymaster
    Courtney Lepine
    Participant

I find knowing your audience and using basic English and / or terminology that your audience understands prevents miscommunication.

Sandeep Bhadani
    Participant

There was a time when I was working on a group project, and there was a miscommunication about the deadline for submitting our final report. Some team members thought the deadline was a week later than it actually was, which caused a lot of confusion and stress as the deadline approached. so, I address the miscommunication head-on and taking proactive steps to resolve it, we were able to meet the correct deadline and deliver our project successfully.

Jeff Van Raalte
    Participant

none

Eero Vuorinen
    Participant

N/A

N/A

Stuart Swale
    Participant

The best way to handle a miscommunication is to get all parties together and straighten everything out. It’s always best to go straight to the source.

n

Vincent Job
    Participant

N/A

Andrea Gordon
    Participant

A miscommunication happened during a strategic meeting launch. After reading the audience, I could identify from body language that there wasn’t a universal understanding of the path forward. I re-communicated the information in a different style and opened the floor for a question-and-answer session.

Vinay B M
    Participant

None

Iva Kovacevic
    Participant

there was a miscommunication where we were working on some project with different teams and everyone thought the other team was notified of a certain change that occurred (which wasn’t the case), and it was solved by having a very short face to face meet with the representatives from those teams and we figured out what went wrong in our communication.

Joshua Comeau
    Participant

Acknowledging the problem and then communicating it properly.

Adele Asencio
    Participant

N/A

Svetlana Terentyeva
    Participant

I encourage a person to share his or her understanding and then correct it as per my knowledge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.