Describe a time when there was a miscommunication and explain how you handled it.

Prog Home v3 Forums CAMP SPT Describe a time when there was a miscommunication and explain how you handled it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    James Hott
    Participant

A lot can be lost in translation through chatting and email, get a live meeting, Teams chat, phone call and be sure all are understood and on the same page.

Adriene Pickett
    Participant

There was a miscommunication about selecting a particular plan in order to receive a major discount from a mobile carrier. We not getting the discounted rate. I immediately sent an email to the order takers, TSD agents explaining the necessary steps to take when on the carrier’s website. Also provided the correct plan name.

Charles Pellicane
    Participant

daily with lots of people, talk it through with humor

Namrata Parikh
    Participant

I encourage a person to share his or her understanding and then correct it as per my knowledge

Usheda Jackson
    Participant

Instead of assuming I inquired to seek understanding and was open to a different perspective.

Akshay Mehra
    Participant

Effective communication and followup

Mohd Uzair
    Participant

n/a

Catalina Gavris
    Participant

N/A

Nirisha Chalapati
    Participant

I tried to handle it by having a mitigation plan in place

Noah Yalla
    Participant

Instead of submitting my academic certificate i submitted my birth certificate in a scholarship program. Luckily I was monitoring my email every day and was able to see the email notification to submit the correct documentation.
    This communication happened electronically via email. I rated this conversation as important and hence I was monitoring my mail every day and was able to pick up my mistake through the communication. I acted swiftly to resolve the issue.
    I think its important to be aware and alert of the responses from the other party. From the responses you can identify your own mistakes, mistakes of others and whether your message have been clearly understood or not.

Sergiu Onofrei
    Participant

N/A

JeanMarc DeLArbre
    Participant

Re-phrase and validate the good understanding

Martha Ibarra
    Participant

N/A

Caroline Lovatt
    Participant

Account team thought that a full list of SW needed to be uninstalled. It was only a few lines. Held a call, to go trhough the files, and make sure everyone was on the same page. Prepped the information before the call – in the call, it was realised there was a misunderstanding of the communication and it was resolved very quickly.

Adam Garcia
    Participant

There was miscommunication on intent of a meeting with a stakeholder. Ensured that a clear communication is made with the individuals and developed an agenda for follow-on to clearly state the intent of the meeting.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.