CAMSE: Certified Asset Management
The registration fee is $2,000 and includes an electronic copy of the CAMSE Manual, an electronic copy of the CAMSE Presentation Slide Book, a live instructor, and the certification exam. Member pricing is available.
Purchase includes access to the CAMP Self Paced Training Course.
Bridging the gap between IT Asset Management – ITAM and IT Security
The intent of security is to manage risks and the extent of the loss after an incident. This simplistic definition does not do justice to the enormous scope of organizational security and the complexity of the processes required. The investment in security processes, automation and professionals has been significant for most organizations and continues to consume budgets on an ongoing basis, from physical security to the myriad of types of information security. Yet, organizational security is routinely rated poorly, especially with the rapidly growing threats to information security. At the same time, the consequences from these failures escalate as laws are put in place to protect individual privacy, create reporting requirements and demand accurate inventory information on which to build security processes. The responsibility for securing the organization and its data is a priority for most organizations and should be part of every employee’s responsibility.
IAITAM is convinced that to have a successful IT security program, the organization must implement the function of ITAM.
The mission of IAITAM’s CAMSE course is to maximize the contribution of IT Asset Management professionals to the information security and physical security of the organization by bridging the gap between ITAM and IT security processes while incorporating security strategies throughout the ITAM policies, processes and procedures so that ITAM enhances the security program and improves the applicable governance.
WHERE TO START: LET CAMSE GUIDE YOU
This course exposes the attendee to new concepts as to how the ITAM program benefits and relates to security initiatives. IT asset lifecycle management is relevant for security initiatives as a critical IT base and provides the student with a means of working with and understanding the roles and responsibilities of those persons who will implement, manage and direct security initiatives for their organization.
The CAMSE course consists of the following components:
- CAMSE Course Manual
- CAMSE Course Presentation Slide Book
- CAMSE instructor daily presentation and interaction with attendees – administered in-person or online
- CAMSE Comprehensive Online Examination necessary for achieving CAMSE Certification
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The CAMSE Course is designed for those individuals with an understanding of how the ITAM program is managed within an organization or for IT security professionals wishing to understand how ITAM empowers IT security. It is essential learning for IT Asset Managers and other professionals involved in Asset Management, strategic planning, security programs and those affected or influenced by ITAM and security initiatives.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
Scope of IT Security & ITAM
Threat Prevention vs. Threat Protection
Decentralized vs. Centralized Security
The IT Security Plan
ITAM’s Role in Risk Management
The 12 KPAs & Security
Program Management & Security
Communication & Education Management & Security
Policy Management & Security
Acquisition Management & Security
Asset Identification Management & Security
Disposal Management & Security
Project Management & Security
Documentation Management & Security
Financial Management & Security
Legislation Management & Security
Compliance Management & Security
Vendor Management & Security
Assessing Asset Risk Level
Program Issues by Asset Type
ITAM Program Assessment for Security
- Online certification testing is available for students starting at 8 AM the day after class finishes; from this point the exam will be open for 14 days. However, it is suggested to take the exam as soon as possible following the course.
- Testing requires non-interrupted internet connection and may be taken at any time during the open period; once a test is started, students are required to complete it during that session and are permitted up to 3 hours to complete.
- One hundred (100) questions are on the IAITAM CAMSE exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher.
- Exam results are available immediately after completing the exam within the IAITAM Exam Center.
- One test retake is free of charge for those that fail to achieve pass status on the first attempt; retakes are available after a 24 hour window of the first attempt and must be completed during the 14 day open period. If the second attempt is unsuccessful, the exam may be repurchased at non-member pricing. No discounts apply.
- If a student is unable to complete the exam and retake (if needed) within their 14 day window, a one-time seven (7) day extension can be purchased for $50USD; this option must be completed before the initial 14 day window expires.
- If certification is not achieved or exam time frame lapses then students will have one year to purchase the exam again. After one year has expired, the course must be purchased and may be acquired at membership pricing.