CITAM: Certified IT Asset Manager
The registration fee is $3,500 and includes an electronic copy of the CITAM Manual, an electronic copy of the CITAM Presentation Slide Book, a live instructor, and the certification exam. Member pricing is available.
Purchase includes access to the CAMP Self Paced Training Course.
The Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) Course is aligned with the IAITAM Best Practices Library (IBPL). Attendees will learn about the entire ITAM Program and take with them the foundation plan for starting or improving their organization’s ITAM Program. The intense three-day course with certification is packed full of information and real-world experiences designed to make your ITAM Program more effective and efficient, and the CITAM Certification will lend notable credibility to both you and your ITAM Program.
This course addresses each of the Key Process Areas (KPAs) identified within the IBPL that, when combined, empowers an organization and maximizes the value of their IT assets. The course will also review the core processes that encompass the ITAM Program and the projects that will help an organization build a productive and profitable business unit.
The course consists of the following components:
- CITAM Course Manual
- CITAM Course Student Workbook
- CITAM Course Instructor Presentation Book
- CITAM Instructor Daily Presentation and interaction with attendees
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT TODAY
The CITAM Course, intended to guide individuals within the profession and align the needs of the organization with ITAM best practices for the benefit of the organization, was originally developed by professional IT Asset Managers to codify a number of existing IAITAM professional development programs. IAITAM’s Certification in IT Asset Management has evolved over the years to accommodate the changes in the profession which caused an evolutionary change in the course as well. This hands-on course will allow professionals to review existing infrastructure, policies and processes and work from the existing model to plan a real-world IT Asset Management Program for the future – one that is applicable to the global work place and inclusive of a widely dynamic range of issues as well as properly managing IT assets across the enterprise.
The primary purpose of this course is to educate ITAM professionals to manage IT assets while aligning with the organizational business drivers that promote ROI, reduces risk and increases productivity. By attending this course the attendee will be able to understand and utilize the dependencies, relationships and benefits of the KPAs found within an effective IT Asset Management Program; specify and define the duties and responsibilities necessary to be an effective IT Asset Manager; as well as be able to obtain and display an understanding of the resources and commitment necessary to implement a fully functional IT Asset Management Program.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
IAITAM and the Mission
ITAM Code of Ethics
Defining Primary Roles in an ITAM Program
IAITAM’s 12 KPAs
Relationships, Dependencies, and Benefits
Roles and Responsibilities
Creating Dynamic Job Descriptions for ITAM Programs
The Role of a Program Manager
Project Management Relationship Triangle
Sample Projects by KPA
Prioritization and the ITAM Program
Process Building Best Practices
Gaining Executive Buy-in
Business Case Template
ITAM as a Core Business Function
CITAM COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATION
- Online certification testing is available for students starting at 8 AM the day after class finishes; from this point the exam will be open for 14 days. However, it is suggested to take the exam as soon as possible following the course.
- Testing requires non-interrupted internet connection and may be taken at any time during the open period; once a test is started, students are required to complete it during that session and are permitted up to 3 hours to complete.
- One hundred (100) questions are on the IAITAM CITAM exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher.
- Exam results are available immediately after completing the exam within the IAITAM Exam Center.
- One test retake is free of charge for those that fail to achieve pass status on the first attempt; retakes are available after a 24 hour window of the first attempt and must be completed during the 14 day open period. If the second attempt is unsuccessful, the exam may be repurchased at non-member pricing. No discounts apply.
- If a student is unable to complete the exam and retake (if needed) within their 14 day window, a one-time seven (7) day extension can be purchased for $50USD; this option must be completed before the initial 14 day window expires.
- If certification is not achieved or exam time frame lapses then students will have one year to purchase the exam again. After one year has expired, the course must be purchased and may be acquired at membership pricing.
The CITAM Course is mandatory prior to CITAM exam. IAITAM strongly recommends prior CSAM/CHAMP certification and/or a well-founded working knowledge of IT Asset Management and an understanding of the student’s organization’s business model. The exam for the prestigious certification is not rigorous, but does require perseverance and focus, much like the IT Asset Management job itself. It is mandatory that the attendee be present for the entire class presentation and participate in discussions and workshop exercises.
It is the mission of IAITAM to expand the knowledge of the IT Asset Management Profession. We look forward to passing on that knowledge to every attendee that enters our classrooms. A focused ITAM Program Management system will increase the value of your organization by defining the organizational mission, overall strategies, objectives, measurements and prioritization of all IT Asset Management efforts. In simplest terms, with an effective IT Asset Management program in place, what used to be considered an IT asset cost center can easily become an IT asset profit center measured by the amount of money earned for the organization’s bottom line by using proper asset management practices as taught in this course.
The course is not designed for the novice IT Asset Manager and is homework intensive.